2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Moody AFB
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Got stuck

ok so this is by no means my first or worst stuck with my new jeep but it's probably the most fun. mainly b/c i was just out havin a good time with my 15 yo niece and slipped into a mudhole. she couldnt stop laughing, she is perhaps even more of a fan of mud than i am and loves my jeep as much as me too. anyway, this is my jeep and my offroad partner. she also drove it out of there after i winched it a little further in. i'm teachin her to drive offroad. hehe it was part of the agreement i had with my sister when i agreed to teach her to drive on road. haha. BTW, still no lift and has street tires.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2004 Rubi, Poison Spyder Bumper with Trail Stinger. Warn M8000 winch, Rock Krawler X-factor long arm 4 inch lift, 35x12.50x15 BFG KM2s on Procomp 8 inch steelies, Tom Woods Driveshaft, Poison Syder Full Roll Cage, Tuff Designs rear bumper/Tire carrier, MetalCloak Arched Tube Fenders with 6 Inch Flares, Flowmaster Hushpower Muffler, Vanco Big Disk Brake upgrade, Line-X'd tub and cage.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2001 to Present

Closest Installation

Dover AFB
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is awesome!! At least you have a winch!!! I guess there is no better way to teach her extraction then on a small mud hole, with no one waiting behind you on the trail!!! See that was the real plan the whole time wasn't it!?

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Richardson
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you make your Niece hook the winch up? Looks like it was a fun time and ^ nailed it about the winch on the jeep. smart mod.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Moody AFB
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bluedragon436 View Post
    That is awesome!! At least you have a winch!!! I guess there is no better way to teach her extraction then on a small mud hole, with no one waiting behind you on the trail!!! See that was the real plan the whole time wasn't it!?
    haha, yes, that was the plan. haha. there was a guy that came along and offered to pull us out but i told him no worries, she had it. haha. this place is just a small place down by a river about 5 minutes from my parents house. its also where i messed up my trans on my first jeep. different and much larger, deeper hole though. haha.

Quote Originally Posted by miljeep View Post
    Did you make your Niece hook the winch up? Looks like it was a fun time and ^ nailed it about the winch on the jeep. smart mod.
    i see people selling winches and they say stuff like, i only have like 5 pulls on it. i dont get it. i had 5 pulls on this thing in the first 2 weeks i got it. haha. i cant count how many times it pulled my butt out. haha. nah didnt make her hook it up. i've taught her how and she's done it before but i had to push through some thick brush to get to a tree to hook the strap around so i just did it.
    Last edited by afjeep; 06-22-2009 at 00:53.
    2004 Rubi, Poison Spyder Bumper with Trail Stinger. Warn M8000 winch, Rock Krawler X-factor long arm 4 inch lift, 35x12.50x15 BFG KM2s on Procomp 8 inch steelies, Tom Woods Driveshaft, Poison Syder Full Roll Cage, Tuff Designs rear bumper/Tire carrier, MetalCloak Arched Tube Fenders with 6 Inch Flares, Flowmaster Hushpower Muffler, Vanco Big Disk Brake upgrade, Line-X'd tub and cage.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2001 to Present

Closest Installation

Dover AFB
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by afjeep View Post
    i see people selling winches and they say stuff like, i only have like 5 pulls on it. i dont get it. i had 5 pulls on this thing in the first 2 weeks i got it. haha. i cant count how many times it pulled my butt out. haha. nah didnt make her hook it up. i've taught her how and she's done it before but i had to push through some thick brush to get to a tree to hook the strap around so i just did it.
    Knowing how to read lines will help you with not needing to use our winch nearly as often...... Or so I am told... But hey it is a very valuable tool to have in your arsenal and might as well use it when you are good and stuck, especially if there are no other vehicles there to hook up to you and pull you out!!

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Moody AFB
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bluedragon436 View Post
    Knowing how to read lines will help you with not needing to use our winch nearly as often...... Or so I am told... But hey it is a very valuable tool to have in your arsenal and might as well use it when you are good and stuck, especially if there are no other vehicles there to hook up to you and pull you out!!
    haha, im pretty good at reading lines when i can see them. i usually only need the winch when its mud. haha.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1968 to 1988

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe, just Maybe, you should look into putting some lockers in. That's probably why others say they've only used their winches 5 times. I run an Aussie in the rear, and it has saved my A$$ a number of times in situations where I might have had to use my winch. This is only a suggestion. But I did get a kick out of the picture, thanks for sharing it. LOL
    Bill Collins
    USAF Retired
    Knoxville Wranglers
    Military Jeepers.com
    '04 TJ,
    '04 Ford F-150 w/5.4 Triton, Tow Rig,
    '08 Parker 14' trailer.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Moody AFB
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beecee View Post
    Maybe, just Maybe, you should look into putting some lockers in. That's probably why others say they've only used their winches 5 times. I run an Aussie in the rear, and it has saved my A$$ a number of times in situations where I might have had to use my winch. This is only a suggestion. But I did get a kick out of the picture, thanks for sharing it. LOL
    i have lockers front and rear. problem is bridgestone's sorry excuse for all terrain tires that came on the jeep. haha. like i said, i ususally only have to have the winch in the mud. glad you enjoyed it. i still laugh at it when i look.
    Last edited by afjeep; 06-22-2009 at 11:07.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1986 to 2008

Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good lesson for her, bet it was a blast just the same
    F'it, aint my Jeep!
    Beer does a Jeep Good

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Moody AFB
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost00TJ View Post
    good lesson for her, bet it was a blast just the same
    oh yeah, its always fun off roadin with her. she pushes me to do stuff i might not normally do. haha.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast