2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Moody AFB
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default tj vs. xj rear end brackets???

how different are the rear end brackets on a tj from an xj?
    2004 Rubi, Poison Spyder Bumper with Trail Stinger. Warn M8000 winch, Rock Krawler X-factor long arm 4 inch lift, 35x12.50x15 BFG KM2s on Procomp 8 inch steelies, Tom Woods Driveshaft, Poison Syder Full Roll Cage, Tuff Designs rear bumper/Tire carrier, MetalCloak Arched Tube Fenders with 6 Inch Flares, Flowmaster Hushpower Muffler, Vanco Big Disk Brake upgrade, Line-X'd tub and cage.

No Mas Jeepalonie

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty simly put a TJ is coil sprung an XJ is leaf sprung. If that doesn't make sence I can post likes to both
    Jeepless Again

2008 Ford F150

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Moody AFB
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Pretty simly put a TJ is coil sprung an XJ is leaf sprung. If that doesn't make sence I can post likes to both
    haha, yeah if i had been thinking i'd have thought of that. haha. how hard is it to make a tj axle fit an xj? are they the same width? reason im asking is b/c i have a d44 tj rear axle housing just sittin in my garage and i might be getting an xj with a d35 soon.
    2004 Rubi, Poison Spyder Bumper with Trail Stinger. Warn M8000 winch, Rock Krawler X-factor long arm 4 inch lift, 35x12.50x15 BFG KM2s on Procomp 8 inch steelies, Tom Woods Driveshaft, Poison Syder Full Roll Cage, Tuff Designs rear bumper/Tire carrier, MetalCloak Arched Tube Fenders with 6 Inch Flares, Flowmaster Hushpower Muffler, Vanco Big Disk Brake upgrade, Line-X'd tub and cage.

No Mas Jeepalonie

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Putting a TJ D35 in an XJ would be VERY SImple. All youd have to do is cut the TJ Brackets off and weld on spring perches, BUT there are WAY more cost effective options out there. If you have a TJ D44 already you can sell it and easily get $750 out of it and most XJ D44's can be bought for about $300.
    Jeepless Again

2008 Ford F150

No Mas Jeepalonie

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just re-read and if all you have is a houseing for a TJ D44 you can still get $400 out of it.
    Jeepless Again

2008 Ford F150

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Moody AFB
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just re-read and if all you have is a houseing for a TJ D44 you can still get $400 out of it.
    yeah, its new and never been used. i figured since i can't sell it, i'll just build it and put it under the xj if its worth it.

No Mas Jeepalonie

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can sell it. Put it out there on the web on all the different jeep sites
    Jeepless Again

2008 Ford F150

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Moody AFB
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can sell it. Put it out there on the web on all the different jeep sites
    yeah, i tried selling it on here and a couple others but i guess my price was too high. oh well, like i said. if it isnt too difficult to change the brackets out i might as well have a decent rear end for the xj.

Branch
    Air Force Reserves
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1991 to Present

Closest Installation

Andrews AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd put it up for a trade for a XJ D44. There alot of folks putting XJ 44's into TJ's so that woul make it easier for them and you.
    HighlanderCJ-7

If you don't stand behind our troops,
    Feel free to stand in front of them!

...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.'
    Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Moody AFB
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by highlandercj-7 View Post
    I'd put it up for a trade for a XJ D44. There alot of folks putting XJ 44's into TJ's so that woul make it easier for them and you.
    not a bad idea. i'll try that as i have some time before i actually aquire the xj. thanks for the suggestion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast