2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Moody AFB
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default putting a 4 inch long arm on

so like the title says, im putting a long arm on my 04 rubi. i was wondering if i should put some blocks on top of the front springs b/c right now its sagging due to my bumper and winch. should preempt this with the lift?
    2004 Rubi, Poison Spyder Bumper with Trail Stinger. Warn M8000 winch, Rock Krawler X-factor long arm 4 inch lift, 35x12.50x15 BFG KM2s on Procomp 8 inch steelies, Tom Woods Driveshaft, Poison Syder Full Roll Cage, Tuff Designs rear bumper/Tire carrier, MetalCloak Arched Tube Fenders with 6 Inch Flares, Flowmaster Hushpower Muffler, Vanco Big Disk Brake upgrade, Line-X'd tub and cage.

No Mas Jeepalonie

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your talking about your front? You can keep your isolaters on and thats 3/4"
    Jeepless Again

2008 Ford F150

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Moody AFB
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm, they arent doing such a great job of keeping it level right now. the front is noticeably lower than the front.
    2004 Rubi, Poison Spyder Bumper with Trail Stinger. Warn M8000 winch, Rock Krawler X-factor long arm 4 inch lift, 35x12.50x15 BFG KM2s on Procomp 8 inch steelies, Tom Woods Driveshaft, Poison Syder Full Roll Cage, Tuff Designs rear bumper/Tire carrier, MetalCloak Arched Tube Fenders with 6 Inch Flares, Flowmaster Hushpower Muffler, Vanco Big Disk Brake upgrade, Line-X'd tub and cage.

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1999 to 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might be time to upgrade the springs.
    Do you have an aftermarket bumper, winch, armor up front at all?
    That really brought my front end down a lot... even with 2" spacers.
    I've got the currie 4" springs now w/ no spacers and everything sits nice and level.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Moody AFB
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffb_79 View Post
    Might be time to upgrade the springs.
    Do you have an aftermarket bumper, winch, armor up front at all?
    That really brought my front end down a lot... even with 2" spacers.
    I've got the currie 4" springs now w/ no spacers and everything sits nice and level.
    i have a winch, and smittybilt src front bumper. i got springs with the lift. wasnt sure if they would hold up to time with the extra weight. they're Rock Krawler. after all i thought rubi springs were supposed to be beefier than stock tj springs. maybe not.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2000 to Present

Closest Installation

Travis AFB
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rk springs are a little softer then most. I added a custom made shorty bumper to my Jeep and it lowered the front about an inch, the bumper wieghs a ton my buddy over built it. you could try some RE springs up front I have heard they are little stiffer then most. Or there is something like this http://www.4wheelparts.com/prodDetai...eep-parts=true that way you will only have to buy somehting once and adjust it till you get it were you like it.

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you don't want to do a spacer of some type or the JKS ACOS...I would go with a Currie or AEV/Nth Progressive set of springs....either one are top notch coils designed for jeeps...Either one is a good choice...I would say RK springs are a bit on the soft side since they sell them as "Slinky" lifts which great for articlulation but may suck in other aspects...

Will
    2006 Rubicon, FT 6" Long Arm, Swayloc DR swaybar, CV rear Driveshaft, JKS 1.25" Body, 1" motor mount lift, ARB Dif covers,...etc.
    2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport package, 4.7 V8, Navigation System, Locking rear, X-REAS suspension
    1:6 Nylint Jeep rockcrawler
    (2) 1:18 Nylint Jeep Rockcrawlers (Daughters!)
    http://www.rokmen.com/banners/rokmen_sig.JPG

No Mas Jeepalonie

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what I meant was remove the stock isolater and replace with a 2" spacer. Should make a difference
    Jeepless Again

2008 Ford F150

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Moody AFB
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dieter View Post
    Rk springs are a little softer then most. I added a custom made shorty bumper to my Jeep and it lowered the front about an inch, the bumper wieghs a ton my buddy over built it. you could try some RE springs up front I have heard they are little stiffer then most. Or there is something like this http://www.4wheelparts.com/prodDetai...eep-parts=true that way you will only have to buy somehting once and adjust it till you get it were you like it.
    that would be really cool. price is a factor right now though. haha. basically i spent all my jeep money for a while on the lift. i still have to buy a driveshaft.

Quote Originally Posted by greenbean View Post
    If you don't want to do a spacer of some type or the JKS ACOS...I would go with a Currie or AEV/Nth Progressive set of springs....either one are top notch coils designed for jeeps...Either one is a good choice...I would say RK springs are a bit on the soft side since they sell them as "Slinky" lifts which great for articlulation but may suck in other aspects...

Will
    hmmm never heard that. either way, same as above. cant really afford to new springs right now nor can i justify it when i have new ones sittin in my garage. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    what I meant was remove the stock isolater and replace with a 2" spacer. Should make a difference
    thats more like what i was thinking. thanks for y'all's input.