Served
    1984 to 2011

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the steering box brace going to fit? It says from 97-03 on the website you posted. DC switched the steering box's to a Mercedes box from 04-06. Id call Currie and ask them.

Good mod though.
    05 LJ Unlimited Rubicon. RE 3.5" short arm lift. 1" body and motor mount lift. 35" BFG M/T KMII's. 5.13 gears. Skid row and Jeep Medic belly up skid plates. Rokmen and Jeeperman bumpers. PSC rockers and full corners. Line X'd interior. Warn 9.5ti. Dual batteries. Dual tops. Snorkel. Full and half doors.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Richardson
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the heads up. I think I had a typo on that post, because this is what I thought I had ordered and think I put that 97-03 part in the post by mistake.

CURRECTLYNC® - TJ/LJ/XJ/MJ STEERING STABILIZER BRACKET
    Description:
    This is an oversized steering stabilizer bracket designed to be used on the Currie Currectlync® heavy duty tie rod system, but it may also be used in other universal applications that use 1 1/4" rods.
    http://www.currieenterprises.com/cestore/product.aspx?id=1223

TJ/LJ/XJ/MJ HEAVY DUTY STEERING STABILIZER SHOCK
    Description:
    For 1997-2006 Jeep TJ's, and all years of Unlimiteds, XJs and MJs. For the Jeep enthusiast who wants improved steering control. The Currie super duty steering stabilizer is a Rancho RS5000 and works on and off the road by absorbing shock loads transmitted from the front wheels to the steering system. This product replaces the stock stabilizer. The steering stabilizer is designed to provide superior shock absorbing characteristics and comes with a polyurethane dust cover and all mounting hardware.
    http://www.currieenterprises.com/cestore/product.aspx?id=1179

CURRECTLYNC® - TJ/LJ/XJ/MJ HEAVY DUTY TIE ROD SYSTEM
    Description:
    The Currie Currectlync® heavy duty tie rod and drag link system for TJ, LJ, XJ, and MJ vehicles features, a 1 ¼" diameter forged alloy drag link, and 1 ¼" solid alloy steel tie rod bar that is bored and threaded on the ends. All 7/8" thread tie rod ends with boots are included as well as the Currie heavy duty steering stabilizer bracket. This unit is a direct replacement for the stock parts. No modifications or machining to any part of the vehicle is necessary. This unit is rated at 200% stronger than than the stock part.
    http://www.currieenterprises.com/cestore/product.aspx?id=1219

does this guy ever wheel? Hitechredneck's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2008 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is a great set up. Have a friend that runs it and loves it have many great things about it.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1984 to 2011

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by miljeep View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I think I had a typo on that post, because this is what I thought I had ordered and think I put that 97-03 part in the post by mistake.

CURRECTLYNC® - TJ/LJ/XJ/MJ STEERING STABILIZER BRACKET
    Description: This is an oversized steering stabilizer bracket designed to be used on the Currie Currectlync® heavy duty tie rod system, but it may also be used in other universal applications that use 1 1/4" rods.
    http://www.currieenterprises.com/cestore/product.aspx?id=1223

TJ/LJ/XJ/MJ HEAVY DUTY STEERING STABILIZER SHOCK
    Description: For 1997-2006 Jeep TJ's, and all years of Unlimiteds, XJs and MJs. For the Jeep enthusiast who wants improved steering control. The Currie super duty steering stabilizer is a Rancho RS5000 and works on and off the road by absorbing shock loads transmitted from the front wheels to the steering system. This product replaces the stock stabilizer. The steering stabilizer is designed to provide superior shock absorbing characteristics and comes with a polyurethane dust cover and all mounting hardware.
    http://www.currieenterprises.com/cestore/product.aspx?id=1179

CURRECTLYNC® - TJ/LJ/XJ/MJ HEAVY DUTY TIE ROD SYSTEM
    Description: The Currie Currectlync® heavy duty tie rod and drag link system for TJ, LJ, XJ, and MJ vehicles features, a 1 ¼" diameter forged alloy drag link, and 1 ¼" solid alloy steel tie rod bar that is bored and threaded on the ends. All 7/8" thread tie rod ends with boots are included as well as the Currie heavy duty steering stabilizer bracket. This unit is a direct replacement for the stock parts. No modifications or machining to any part of the vehicle is necessary. This unit is rated at 200% stronger than than the stock part.
    http://www.currieenterprises.com/cestore/product.aspx?id=1219
    OK, so check your steering system and see if it comes with the bracket already (See you own post above-bold edit mine) If you ended up with 2 brackets, send one back and get your money.

The currie stab bracket is excellent by the way. My RK steering did not come with a bracket, so Adrenaline Offroad pulled the Currie bracket out of one of the systems they had on the shelf and it workes great!
    05 LJ Unlimited Rubicon. RE 3.5" short arm lift. 1" body and motor mount lift. 35" BFG M/T KMII's. 5.13 gears. Skid row and Jeep Medic belly up skid plates. Rokmen and Jeeperman bumpers. PSC rockers and full corners. Line X'd interior. Warn 9.5ti. Dual batteries. Dual tops. Snorkel. Full and half doors.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Richardson
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm, did not see that. thanks. maybe i will just install both and have an extra extra heavy duty setup

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1984 to 2011

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by miljeep View Post
    hmm, did not see that. thanks. maybe i will just install both and have an extra extra heavy duty setup
    LOL! Like those monster trucks that have 4 of them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12