2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Moody AFB
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Supertops suck!!!

the designer of the bestop supertop should be drawn and quartered. then his/her parts should be chopped up into little bittie pieces. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

ok so anyway....i tried putting my supertop on today. thought it was the factory top, turns out i was wrong. it came with the jeep and i never really looked at it. this thing is rediculous. why would you have a piece of plastic holding the top on when the thing wont even tighten up enough for it to do its job. sorry bout that short little rant. im so sick of this crap im tempted to just say screw softtops and leave the hardtop on. thanks for listening.

anyone got a factory top they wanna trade?
    2004 Rubi, Poison Spyder Bumper with Trail Stinger. Warn M8000 winch, Rock Krawler X-factor long arm 4 inch lift, 35x12.50x15 BFG KM2s on Procomp 8 inch steelies, Tom Woods Driveshaft, Poison Syder Full Roll Cage, Tuff Designs rear bumper/Tire carrier, MetalCloak Arched Tube Fenders with 6 Inch Flares, Flowmaster Hushpower Muffler, Vanco Big Disk Brake upgrade, Line-X'd tub and cage.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2007 to Present

Closest Installation

Nellis AFB
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i got a factory top from my 02, but its not the best of shape
    Guns dont kill people..... gaping holes in vital organs kill people...

The real test comes when all strength has fled and man must produce victory on will alone.

Chevreep

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2007 to Present

Closest Installation

Nellis AFB
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

got like 1 or 2 small holes in it

The real test comes when all strength has fled and man must produce victory on will alone.

Chevreep

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Moody AFB
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does it have all the factory hardware? including the windshield bar part? holes dont matter to me. what color is it? if so, i'll take it.
    2004 Rubi, Poison Spyder Bumper with Trail Stinger. Warn M8000 winch, Rock Krawler X-factor long arm 4 inch lift, 35x12.50x15 BFG KM2s on Procomp 8 inch steelies, Tom Woods Driveshaft, Poison Syder Full Roll Cage, Tuff Designs rear bumper/Tire carrier, MetalCloak Arched Tube Fenders with 6 Inch Flares, Flowmaster Hushpower Muffler, Vanco Big Disk Brake upgrade, Line-X'd tub and cage.

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2008 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did You get the supertop hardware for it?

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Moody AFB
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by terrydaktal View Post
    Did You get the supertop hardware for it?
    yeah, i had it. i'm assuming its the right stuff. it looks the same as in the instructions.

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1984 to 2006

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about the TJ's, but if you didn't/don't change the hardware, how do you expect it to fit? Are they that similiar (hardware)?
    I LOVE my Bestop Supertop, but then again I had to use the supplied hardware. I don't have the option of a hardtop, and for the most part enjoy the ease of removal for summertime crusin'.
    Later, T.J.

usnavymitchells

Angry

I am waiting for Bestop to come out and see my Supertop. Either the place that installed it screwed up or I have a defective one. Leaks at the header, it leaks at the doors, I have it as tight as it can be and it puts out about 150 db's at highway speed. And where the uppers and lowers join up it is rusting already and I only put it on in April. Piece of crap in my opinion. Should be called Bestop Suckertop.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Moody AFB
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by usnavymitchells View Post
    I am waiting for Bestop to come out and see my Supertop. Either the place that installed it screwed up or I have a defective one. Leaks at the header, it leaks at the doors, I have it as tight as it can be and it puts out about 150 db's at highway speed. And where the uppers and lowers join up it is rusting already and I only put it on in April. Piece of crap in my opinion. Should be called Bestop Suckertop.

thank you and i feel your pain. haha. i have the proper hardware from what i can tell. it looks nothing like the stock hardware. i LIKED the stock hardware. IT made sense. simple. the fabric is attached to the header and you simply unclip the header, put the top back. how much easier can it be? do you really need to go to a plastic strip that you have to feed into the header everytime you wanna put the top down?

once again, still looking for trades. or at least stock hardware so i can get a replace a top. i'll trade or buy. preferably trade.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2007 to Present

Closest Installation

Nellis AFB
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by afjeep View Post
    does it have all the factory hardware? including the windshield bar part? holes dont matter to me. what color is it? if so, i'll take it.
    ya all the factory hardware, and windshield bar. it is black

Chevreep

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast