1982 to 1998

Closest Installation

Fort Hood
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Evo Gussets are On!!

The build plan moves one step closer to getting a lift and bigger tires. I must say it is killing me to have a Jeep that is not lifted with bigger tires. I don't know how people go for years without doing this.
    I phoned one of my former students and asked him if he had time to do some welding for me. He works as a welder and fabricator at a small industrial shop. He said he would be glad to help me out. He's only 18 but he is already a certified welder and has won several competitions in welding in the state of Texas. He's darn good!!! He and several other students have taught me to "weld".(Stick metal together with good penetration but it's a far cry from good welding.) Now I put these gussets on my last Jeep and they were okay. They even held during my crash but this time I wanted them put on by somebody that really can weld.
    Here are a few pics: I'm happy with the results.
    Out of focus but this was before he started grinding. He insisted that they should be cleaned up. I wanted to look at the welds.

grinding

He said that it wasn't his best work but it would hold.

Top gusset - They are now stamping them with the logo! Cool I know it's there.

the welder

Painted the C's and tacked the caps for good measure. I just couldn't be happier. That's not true I now am ready for the lift and tires!!!

09 JK Sunburst Orange Unlimited named- Copperhead
    All stock ...Yeah Right
    mods and every little thing : http://www.militaryjeepers.com/commu...ad.php?t=11355

Administrator/Jarhead Jeeper USMCHarleyJeepGuy's Avatar
    From the Halls of Montezuma to the Shores of Tripoli...(Quantico, VA)

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1987 to Present

Closest Installation

MCB Quantico
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice
    Marines...shoot me a PM if you have not received an invitation to the Jarhead Jeepers social group on this site and would like to be a member.

"Whensoever the General Government assumes un-delegated powers its acts are un-authoritative void and of no force"
    ~~Thomas Jefferson

Blessed are they who, in the face of death, think first only about the front sight tip.

Celer-Silens-Mortalis

2003 TJ Rubicon
    1954 CJ-3B