Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 4WD Queston....

Ok here we go, I told everyone when introduced myself that I had a problem with the vacuum on the 4WD. After I bought some new vacuum tubing last week it still didn't work. Today I was on my way from the pier to the exchange and decided to engage the 4H on the short drive. When I was turning into the parking lot it felt like it was jumping during the sharp turn and then again the other direction into the parking space. Now to the question, is that what it is supposed to feel like when it is engaged?

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1988 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes if you turn on a high traction surface it will bark and fight you. (You do realise this is not good to do right? It is a sure way to check to see if the front is engaged though....)

Austere Mobility in a '99 TJ Sport with a few bells and whistles

The bravest of all Spartans was Dienekes. It is said that on the eve of battle, he was told by a native of Trachis that “the Persian archers were so numerous that, when they fire their volleys, the mass of arrows will block out the sun.”

Dienekes, however, quite undaunted by this prospect, remarked with a laugh, “Good. Then we’ll fight in the shade!”

Non Vi Sed Arte

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1987 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Abe1

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogab View Post
    Ok here we go, I told everyone when introduced myself that I had a problem with the vacuum on the 4WD. After I bought some new vacuum tubing last week it still didn't work. Today I was on my way from the pier to the exchange and decided to engage the 4H on the short drive. When I was turning into the parking lot it felt like it was jumping during the sharp turn and then again the other direction into the parking space. Now to the question, is that what it is supposed to feel like when it is engaged?
    IF IT DID ENGAGE YOU WOULD FEEL IT JUMP AS IF IT WAS SKIPPING AND I BET YOU DID IT ON THE PAVED ROAD?
    IF YOU DID DO IT ON THE PAVED ROAD IT WILL FEEL JUST THAT WAY JUMPPY OR SKIPPY.
    MEET ME IN THE SMOKE PIT OR IN THE HANGAR BAY AND I WILL TELL YOU MORE IF YOU LIKE

KEITH

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Richardson
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is loud on an aircraft carrier. I just watched a show on the military channel about the GW and that is something I remember. That, and they refer to the guys in the purple shirts as "grapes".

Branch
    Coast Guard
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Camp Lejeune
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    Do you guys realize that talking with your caps locks on is YELLING on the internet?
    i know that when i am at work the forms i work on all day deal with caps and sometimes i cannot remeber to switch it off hile i am not working on them,maybe they are doing the same. i cannot tell you how many e-mails i have goten back from people telling me that there is no need to yell. maybe that is the case for them. lol

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do realize doing what i did was bad, i was frustrated at the time with the situation. I aint doing it again.
    Now I need a jack and I am ready to rock!!
    No more caps!!

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1991 to 2012

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your jeep is jumping around like you said, then maybe it is only the bulb for the 4WD light that is burned out.