User Tag List

Thread: About the Quadratec Tent Sale (Scratch and Dent Sale)

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Richardson
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default About the Quadratec Tent Sale (Scratch and Dent Sale)

I posted this on the NOVA Jeepers site already right after I got back from the 2007 Quadratec Tent Sale, but figured I would post it here for people that are not local to this part of the U.S.

First off, if you own a jeep and want to buy jeep parts for cheap, the Quadratec Tent Sale is the time to buy. They sell lots of stuff at deep discounts from the normal price. When it first opens, they have tables lined with front bumpers, rear bumpers, skids, racks and all kinds of other stuff. They had lines of tires, wheels, seats exhaust systems, and lots of other stuff.

When I first heard of the Quadratec Tent Sale, I was not seriously planning on going. I really thought that the 3 and 1/2 hour drive to their location in Pennsylvania would not be worth it....but as it got closer I changed my mind.

The morning of the tent sale it was a pretty nice 70 something degrees about 5 in the morning when I decided to leave. So, with the cool factor being cranked up to high, I dropped the top. It was nice being able to drive faster than normal with a lot less flapping of the top as I tried to get up to Quadratec before it started. It was nice until I started to hit some major hills and mountains and watched as the temperature dropped down to the low 60s in just a matter of minutes.

Time was of the essence, so I did not want to stop and put the top up. Instead I froze my butt off for like 2 hours until I got there.

I got to Quadratec about 30 or 45 minutes before it opened and took my place in line with all the other jeep part hungry people. We waited and watched as Jeeps pulled in for the Show and Shine, commenting on each one. At 0900 HRS, someone with a hawaiian style Quadratec shirt came up to us and said "let's go".

So, like grade school kids being led out of the school during a fire drill, we all filed down past a warehouse and into the big parking lot where you could see a small circus tent looking thing. Once we saw that tent, everyone took off and started grabbing stuff they thought they wanted. I was all alone and grabbed a rear bumper which was tagged at $150.00. Checking later online I found out the bumper would go for about 5 brand new. I looked over the bumper and found no scratches and no dents. Later on, I found some armor for the back of my jeep made for an 06 Unlimited. I could not carry anything else. I figured I would check out the show and shine and lug around my stuff.

a few minutes into drooling over some of the jeeps, a lady which I had befriended while standing in line waiting for the sale to open came up to me. she had a hi-lift jack in her hand and said they were going for like 30 or 40 bucks. (I cannot remember exactly) Like a private trying to drag around 3 full duffle bags, I wrestled my stuff over to the pallet they had laid out with the jacks on it and carried it with my thumb in one of the holes until muscle failure.

I checked out and went home.

So, after that little babbling above, here are my recommendations:

- If you like buying jeep stuff cheap, plan to go.
    the scratch and dent stuff is not always scratched or dented

- if you plan to go, don't go alone.
    Assign every person in your group a job and have them do their job.
    Bring a kid or someone that can be used to stand by the stuff you grab. you have to carry everything around with you and carrying a rear bumper with a swingout tire carrier makes it a little tough to carry anything else. I saw someone struggling to carry two front seats and a rear seat.

- get there early and keep your group together as you are led in.

- if it looks like it may fit your jeep, grab it and secure it.
    Don't waste time looking at those darn tags. you can always put it back if afterwards you find it will not fit.

- stay all day if you can.
    They don't just put everything they have out in the morning. They have connex's full of stuff that they empty throughout the day. they also bring out special deals like the hi-lift jacks.

if you cannot attend, when you call quadratec to order something, ask if they have anything similar in scratch and dent. some say it works, some say it doesn't.

Here is a link to the quadratec page for 2007's sale: Quadratec Tent Sale 2007

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Quadratec Tent Sale (Scratch and Dent Sale)

I'm there next year.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2004 to 2008

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Quadratec Tent Sale (Scratch and Dent Sale)

when is it
    2012 kawasaki Teryx4

Sold-85 CJ7, 6 inch lift, siting on 36's, welded rear, lots of drain holes

Sold-93 YJ, 4.0,