Serving
    Served
    2006 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default help ac problems

i have a 2003 tj my ac works and the fan control works and i can turn it on but when i try to select were i want the air to blow it just blows through the defroster

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just take the top off! It's a Jeep!!

but in all actuality I think JP actually ran a story about this a year or so back, it's actually an extremely common problem. Also if you can't find a way to "jerry rig" it this it's a pretty darn expensive part just to replace for a little piece of plastic that commonly breaks. I can't remember all the technical terms but there is a little plastic arm that gets pushed and pulled with the actuator switches the vents. Overtime it simply breaks off from regular use, very common problem. In order to save alot of money see if you can somehow search JP's history or something for how they fixed it for just a couple bucks. It's an OLD article like I said, so all else fails just email "Hazel" in the back with the tech section and mention in your email that you're military. He's answered for me everytime within the day actually. I know this is pretty broad but hopefully it'll get you moving so you can use your NON needed a/c cause you have a convertible
    "Don't hold grudges because tomorrow my never happen!"

"If you live for the weekend, you're missing out on 5/7ths of your life!"

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil"