1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Richardson
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Picked up my jeep tonight.

About 2 weeks ago we installed the 4.5 inch Rubicon Express lift and some other goodies. We also did an SYE. Somehow during the install of the SYE, the cover for the transmission got a hairline fracture. That sucked. And, to top it off, the drive shaft that I had sent 2 day air delivery, did not arrive and was listed as "lost" by UPS. Well, we got a new drive shaft sent out and when it arrived we made our way to the dealer to get a new cover for the transmission.

Because I am such a lucky guy, the part we needed was on back order and with the holidays it did not come any quicker. With my work schedule, tonight was the night that I could pick up the jeep.

While we were there I also picked up a drop pitman arm from a fellow jeeper and we installed it before I got the wheels aligned.

The jeep drives pretty nice and tomorrow I should be at the Belvoir auto shop messing with my motor mount lift, installing the engine skid and gas tank skid and also the LCA skids if I can find someone to weld them on.

Sunday, we are off the George Washington National Forest (GWNF) to do the last trail ride of the year with Beltway Jeepers. I will try to get some pics.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2002 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Belvoir
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)