2003 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Steering

My steering binds when I have my passanger front suspension loaded up due to it rubbing on the sway bar link mount and steering stablizer bolt all on the axle. Does anyone know who makes a good steering linkage kit, that is affordable, to solve this problem?
    2005 Rubicon Unlimited
    Steering Skid
    Stinger Front bumper
    Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier
    Fuel Tank Skid
    33" Tires on 15 x 10's
    6" Long Arm Lift
    Exhaust Kit
    HD Prop Shafts
    High Steer Kit

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1999 to 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cj5_1965 View Post
    My steering binds when I have my passanger front suspension loaded up due to it rubbing on the sway bar link mount and steering stablizer bolt all on the axle. Does anyone know who makes a good steering linkage kit, that is affordable, to solve this problem?

Mine does the same thing. I was told to cut and move the sway bar bracket at the axle... haven't done it yet though.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1987 to 2004

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fixed mine the long way! I did a WJ knuckle/brake conversion and custom steering linkage. This is a common problem with the Y-link steering systems. I have heard some poeple state that replacing the stock steering with curry hd steering. There is also TeraFlex, uturn, Kevin's but these might be more than what you want to pay. There is also an inverted T-link but I have found it to get dead spots without putting shimms in places.
    2003 Rubi with 6" lift rolling 37's w/ beadlocks, armor for effect. Constant state of change, its a jeep thing!!

SOLD - 5.9 Grand with TNT Long Arms, KM2's, HP30 w/ARB & WJ Brake Conv., Rear 44HD Trussed & Skidded, 231 w/SYE, TW Drive Shafts & Custom Sliders

RIP: 2004 Rubi: 3" lift on 33's

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1999 to 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I fixed mine the long way! I did a WJ knuckle/brake conversion and custom steering linkage. This is a common problem with the Y-link steering systems. I have heard some poeple state that replacing the stock steering with curry hd steering. There is also TeraFlex, uturn, Kevin's but these might be more than what you want to pay. There is also an inverted T-link but I have found it to get dead spots without putting shimms in places.

Yup, mine's the currie.