Served
    Served
    1999 to 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Problems Removing Rear Track Bar

Front axle is centered. I can't believe the steering wheel trick worked! My rear axle is another story. I'm having problems getting it out. Right now, both bolts are currently stuck half way out of the bracket / track bar bushings. They are jammed in there pretty good. I can't move them or the track bar and I ran out of daylight. The pax side is bolt is on an angle and the driver's side bolt seems straight. I just ran out of room with the gas tank and I guess a large torx bit.

Hopefully, the bushings aren't damaged. What can I do to gain some leverage on the track bar to loosen up the bolts and get the stinkin' thing out?
    "People Sleep Peaceably In Their Beds At Night Only Because Rough Men Stand Ready To Do Violence On Their Behalf" - George Orwell

"There Is No Hunting Like The Hunting Of Man, And Those Who Have Hunted Armed Men Long Enough And Liked It, Never Care For Anything Else Thereafter" - Ernest Hemingway

2005 TJ Sport > > > OME 2.5" Suspension Lift, JKS Front & Rear Adjustable Track Bars, JKS 1.25" BL / M.O.R.E. 1" MML

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you need to twist the track bar a bit?

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1999 to 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in talking to you, I might use the term "adjust."
    "People Sleep Peaceably In Their Beds At Night Only Because Rough Men Stand Ready To Do Violence On Their Behalf" - George Orwell

"There Is No Hunting Like The Hunting Of Man, And Those Who Have Hunted Armed Men Long Enough And Liked It, Never Care For Anything Else Thereafter" - Ernest Hemingway

2005 TJ Sport > > > OME 2.5" Suspension Lift, JKS Front & Rear Adjustable Track Bars, JKS 1.25" BL / M.O.R.E. 1" MML

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1999 to 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in thinking about it last night...I'm going to try and use a heavy duty ratchet strap to put tension on the frame and axle...the same way we used a come along in the shop. hopefully, I'll be able to get it to budge enough to relieve the tension on the bolts / track bar enough to jiggle everything free. sounds good in theory.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1987 to 2004

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what is happending is you coils are try to center the axle and the track bar is pushing to the drivers side. Get a rachet strap hook one side to the pas frame and the other to the dr axle (near the base of the coil) tighten it up a bit to relieve the tension and you should be able to remove the bolt. It may take a bit of persuation if it is been crossed up a bit. As far as the bushing being messed up, you should be ok as long as the ends are in good shape. The bushing only serves to keep the bolt from compressing everything to much.
    2003 Rubi with 6" lift rolling 37's w/ beadlocks, armor for effect. Constant state of change, its a jeep thing!!

SOLD - 5.9 Grand with TNT Long Arms, KM2's, HP30 w/ARB & WJ Brake Conv., Rear 44HD Trussed & Skidded, 231 w/SYE, TW Drive Shafts & Custom Sliders

RIP: 2004 Rubi: 3" lift on 33's

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1982 to 2005

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, looks like a ratchet strap to relieve the tension. Joe

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1986 to 2008

Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we did the strap with Mikes JK to get the trac bar back on after a lift install.
    F'it, aint my Jeep!
    Beer does a Jeep Good